ANNIE SIDDONS - CV
CURRENT PROJECTS 2020
How (not) to Fight a Family Curse
- Scratch performance at Get in the House, the Queer House, July 2018
- Writing and development autumn 2019/spring 2020 in collaboration with Soho Theatre, Shoreditch Town Hall, and Royal Court Theatre.
Momo - commission from Unicorn Theatre, ongoing
Karima Kay - comedy project, ongoing
How(not) to Live in Suburbia - development for TV - in process.
The Tower -- Episode of A Practical Guide to Death - Podcast commission from She Wants a Dog
The Home - collaborator/performer - Albany Deptford/Arc Stockton autumn 2019
Performer/collaborator with Christopher Green on his new immersive theatre project the Home.
Babylon Beyond Borders - Bush Theatre
Dramaturg for the whole project and writer for London.
Dennis of Pengehreator/Performer
- Scratching at Bristol Ferment, 26 January 2017.
- Scratching at CPT,28 May 2017
- Scratching at Ovalhouse, 20/21 Sept 2017
- Ovalhouse, 26 September-6 October 2018
- Albany Deptford, 8-13 October 2018
Not to Live in Suburbia
- Uncivic Centre, Chelmsford, 16 November 2018
- Touring 2018 Bristol Mayfest 14/15 May
- Norwich Arts Centre 11 April
- Bath Theatre Royal 9/10 March
- Chichester University 22 February
- Soho Theatre, 29 Aug-2 Sept 2017
- Soho Theatre, 13-18 February 2017
- UCLAN Loneliness Symposium 2016
- Pulse Festival 2016
- Colchester Arts Centre 2016
- Latitude Festival 2016
- Edinburgh Festival 2016 Summerhall 3-28 August
- Live Theatre, Newcastle 2015 - scratch
- Pulse Festival, Ipswich 2015 - scratch
- Camden People's Theatre, London 2015 - scratch
- Bristol Ferment, Bristol Old Vic, Bristol 2015 - scratch
How (not) to Live in Suburbia will tour further in 2019/20 and is currently being developed for TV by BBC Scripted Comedy.
Dear Elizabeth - by Sarah Ruhr - dir Ellen McDougall - part - Elizabeth. Gate Theatre, February 2019.
Bunny - Rachael Spence and Lisa Hammond on their new show, Old Street, launches autumn 2020
Edith Tankus - co-creator of her new show, Wild Country.
Shegoat - Eugenie Pastor and Shimira Turner on their new show, The Undefinables, July 2019
Nick Cassenbaum on My Kind of Michael April 2019
Caroline Horton on All of Me June 2019
Brian Logan on Human Jam May 2019
Current Mentoring Projects
- Graeae Write to Play partnered with Soho, Bush, Talawa, Tamasha: Mentee Kat Golding 2018-19
- Edith Tankus Development work on her first show, working title, Wild Country, ongoing, opens 2020
- Martha Pailing dramaturgical and developmental help with Background People, toured summer 2018
- Mary Swan - dramaturgical help with her first solo show, Im super thanks!
- Sarah Blanc - help developing her show The History of Ireland, currently on tour in UK
- Vijay Patel - help developing his show Pull the Trigger, currently on tour in UK
My work with these emerging artists is dramaturgical, pastoral, directorial and entrepreneurial.
All's Well that Ends Well
Dramaturg/Story nerd/additional text
- Shakespeare's Globe Jan-March 2018. Directed by Caroline Byrne
- British Council Showcase, Edinburgh Festival August 2015
- UK Tour Sept-Nov 2015
- Pulse Festival 2014
- Devizes Festival 2014
- Aldeburgh Festival 2014
- Latitude Festival 2014
- Edinburgh Festival 2014
- Battersea Arts Centre 2014
- Commissioned by New Wolsey Theatre and Supported by New Wolsey, ACE and BAC
- Remount, Citizens' Theatre, Nov 2015-Jan 2016.
- Kneehigh Theatre, Battersea Arts Centre London 2006
- Kneehigh Theatre, Queen Elizabeth Hall, South Bank London 2007
- Kneehigh Theatre, National Tour 2008
- Kneehigh Theatre, New Victory Theater, New York 2008
- First Circle Theatre, Creation Theatre, Oxford 2010
- Citizen’s Theatre, Glasgow, Christmas 2015
- Egg Theatre, Bath, 2019
The Nutcracker and the Mouse King
- Unicorn Theatre, London, Nov-Dec 2014.
- I'm available as a mentor for emerging/young artists and writers.
- Work includes the Bush emerging writers' workshop, Graeae Play to Write, Clean Break, Synergy, and the Darkroom with Caroline Horton, visiting lecturer at Kingston and RHUL, KS2, 3, 4, A level, and adult learners, mental health service users, prisoners, families at risk..
TRAINING and skills
- RHUL (first class hons) Drama and French
- Desmond Jones School of Mime and Physical Theatre Foundation
- Spontaneity Shop - Improv Comedy Level 2
- National Theatre Studio Directors’ Course
- Orange Tree Theatre Directing Training
- Qualified Translator French-English
- Trained Listening Vol for Samaritans
- Beginners’ Course in Transactional Analysis
- Classically trained musician. Flute and piano
- Can do BVs/harmonies and sing in tune
- Movement skills ok, am trained zumba instructor, but not trained dancer
- Full DBS
In Janurary 2019 I received a DYCP grant from Arts Council England. I have used this grant for:
Clowning Training with Conor Jatter at Hoopla and Mick Barnfather
Singing Training with Gail Windrass - Soul/Gospel level 3
Commercial Dance Foundation Course
Standup with Logan Murray
Soho comedy Lab Plus 2020
Refs available on request.
WRITER PERFORMER HUMANSHOWWOMAN